Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Time to pause for lavender toes

Good evening...

Yesterday was my father's 6th year of his passing from non-hodgkins lymphoma. Two weeks prior to my father's passing, my mother got out of the house and went and got a manicure and pedicure.                                         

She ran into a lady that was headed to the beach with her family for spring break and was getting her toes done a lavender purple with a white flower, yellow dot center and green stem added to her big toes.

My mother loved the idea and asked to borrow the woman's toenail polish.

My mother got her toes painted the same as the woman's and came home and told my sister.

My sister loved the idea so much she quietly started making phone calls all over town to family and friends telling them the purple toenail story and asking them to go to this peticular nail place and ask for them to get the same lavendar color and flower on their big toes too.

After my father's memorial service back at my mother's house my sister had every one to gather and she read a passage about feet from the bible. She then asked my mother to remove her shoes and as she removed her shoes to show off her lavender toes most of the women in the room, unbeknownst to my mother took off their shoes and showed off their toes too. My mother howled and howled and cried and cried.

My mother kept up the lavender toe tradition until this past year when she remarried. My sisters and I still continue the tradition. I want to show you:

3/17/12

 

Until next year... year #7.

God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment